This post covers Trend Lines.
- Connect to Superstore data source
- Create chart of Quarter Year vs Profit
- Click Analytics Tab
- Drag Trend Line and select linear option
- Right click the line to change it to polynomial option
- Drag Average Line
- Drag Reference Line
- Both axis must contain a field that can be interpreted as a number. Year/Quarter/month and sales is ok since date/time can be interpreted as numeric.
- Show Trend of sales vs quarter year for each category and region
- Drag Category to columns
- Drag Region to Rows
- Drag Sales to Rows
- Drag Ship Date to Columns (change to quarter year)
- Drag Trend line from Analytics