In this short-term course, students will learn to use digital technologies to create new or modify existing businesses.
- Technology Disruption
- Online Business Models
- AI Introduction
- AI Products
- Big Data
- Cloud Computing
- Edge Computing
- Internet of Things
- Mobile Computing
- Reality Technologies
- Introduction to Digital Transformation: In this lesson, you will learn about the differences between digitization, digitalization, and digital transformation. You will also learn about the phases of digital transformations and the importance of a strategy. You will know the case of Blockbuster and Nokia to understand what can happen when an organization fails to confront its default future.
- Digital Business Ecosystems: Collaboration is essentially the nature of the business enterprise to produce value. However, since most studies emphasize more on competition, the collaborative effort to produce value is only recently getting popular. The essence of a business ecosystem is a collaboration among parties or actors to create and exchange values for mutual benefits. Participants will learn elements, interactions, and construction of the business ecosystem and digital business ecosystem. Participants will be exposed to novel business ecosystem analysis and design.
- Disruption: Disruption is a product of the market economy, and you will learn how a business can survive in the face of disruption. In this lesson, you will know disruptive technologies in different industries, e.g., watch, photograph, telecommunication, book stores, entertainment, livery services, automobiles, real estate, gaming controllers, etc. You will also learn examples as it is not always the best technology or first-mover wins. You will know the role of network externalities, platform technologies, and complementary capabilities that have the disruptive potential for digital economies.
- Digital Media and Creative Advertising: This session is designed to develop the knowledge, skills, and expertise needed to work in the evolving marketing and communication industries and the ever-changing information technology environment taking creativity as a major asset.
- Technology-Led Disruptions: This lesson covers technology usage for disruption, e.g., that used by Netflix and Amazon. You will learn catalysts to disruption to know when the industry is ripe for disruption. You will also understand the nature of technology-led disruption. You will learn how technology and the market forced disruption in the music industry that transitioned from record companies to peer-to-peer and iTunes.
- Digital Marketplace: Digital marketplace is basically a multi-sided digital platform that managed interactions and transactions among parties involved. Participants will learn the basic principle involved in this currently popular form of e-commerce such as transaction cost, externalities, network effect – both direct and indirect network effect, managing the platform via Value Network. Participants will be exposed to established and current digital marketplace, such as eBay, Gojek/Grab, Airbnb, iOS, and Android.
- Online Business Models: Network effects are at the heart of digital goods. You will learn the case study of job portals, Google, Adobe, and eBay to understand the management challenges of network effects on platform models. You will know how Amazon used information capabilities and IT-enabled business models to disrupt the industry.
- E-Business Models: Participants will learn about the value and the business model in both conventional and digital business. Element of business models will be explored, and participants will be equipped with Business Model Canvas (BMC) as a tool to analyze and design a business model. Participants will be given an opportunity to analyze some digital business models and work in a group to propose a digital business model using BMC.
- Artificial intelligence: This lesson will teach artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, supervised learning, unsupervised learning, and neural network. You will learn to use a neural network to predict housing prices.
- Developing Entrepreneurial Mindset and commercializing patents: You will learn a new tool to develop a startup by using the resources around you. This tool will help you to be more focused and systematic by going through the process of ideas creation and design, risk mitigation and also execution.
- Artificial intelligence: You will learn to use deep learning to develop AI-enabled products and in particular the self-driving car. You will know how to build an AI team and process to manage AI projects for digital transformation
- Blockchain: In this lesson, you will learn the basics of blockchain and various aspects of cryptography, the process of chaining blocks, network, and mining.
- Digital Technologies and Creative Industries: This session enables participants to experience the potential of digital technologies to enhance user experience and increase market value across various economic sectors
- Cloud Computing: This lesson will teach the fundamentals of cloud computing and its benefits. You will also learn cloud deployment models and the major cloud service providers.