Students will learn to use digital technologies to create new or modify existing businesses.
- Phases of Digital Transformation
- Technology Disruption
- Surviving Disruption
- Online Business Models
- AI Introduction
- AI Products
- Big Data
- Cloud Computing
- Edge Computing
- Internet of Things
- Mobile Computing
- Reality Technologies
Case Studies by Harvard Business Review Press
- Discovery-Driven Digital Transformation by Rita McGrath and Ryan McManus
- The Transformative Business Model by Stelios Kavadias, Kostas Ladas, and Christoph Loch
- Digital Doesn’t Have to Be Disruptive by Nathan Furr and Andrew Shipilov
Prompts for ChatGPT
- Cloud Computing in Digital Transformation
- Big Data Analytics for Business Transformation
- Internet of Things (IoT) in Industry 4.0
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Chatbots in Customer Experience Transformation
- Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation
- Digital Twin Technology for Digital Transformation
- Social Media Analytics for Business
- Remote Work Infrastructure Optimization
- Data Governance and Digital Transformation
- Blockchain for Supply Chain Transformation
- Smart Cities and Public Services
- Telemedicine and Healthcare Transformation
- Digital Transformation in Agriculture (AgriTech)
- Cybersecurity in Digital Transformation
- Personalized Education through Machine Learning
- Voice Assistants in E-commerce
- Sustainable Digital Transformation
- Blockchain for Digital Identity
- Digital Watermarking for Content Protection
- Machine Learning in Predictive Maintenance
- Data Lakes and Big Data Analytics
- Edge Computing in IoT
- Natural Language Query for Databases
- Data-driven Marketing Strategies
- Biometric Authentication in Banking
- Low-code Development Platforms
- Ethical Considerations in AI-Driven Decision Making
- Smart Grids and Energy Efficiency
- Retail Analytics and Consumer Behavior
- Nanotechnology in Digital Health
Guidelines for Projects / Presentations
- Please see the examples below to structure the project and presentation.
- Topic: Cloud Computing in Digital Transformation
- Technology Aspect: Explore cloud computing technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and their role in enabling digital transformation.
- Business Problem: Analyze the challenges and opportunities businesses face when migrating to the cloud.
- CEO Perspective: Discuss the strategic considerations and cost-efficiency benefits of adopting cloud solutions for digital transformation.
- Topic: Big Data Analytics for Business Transformation
- Technology Aspect: Investigate big data analytics tools and techniques (e.g., Hadoop, Tableau) and how they support data-driven decision-making.
- Business Problem: Examine data integration and privacy challenges that organizations encounter during digital transformation.
- CEO Perspective: Emphasize the potential for improved customer insights and competitive advantage through effective big data strategies.
- Topic: Internet of Things (IoT) in Industry 4.0
- Technology Aspect: Explore IoT sensors, devices, and protocols and their role in Industry 4.0.
- Business Problem: Assess security and scalability issues when deploying IoT solutions in manufacturing and other industries.
- CEO Perspective: Highlight the transformative impact of IoT on supply chain efficiency and real-time decision-making.
- Topic: Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Chatbots in Customer Experience Transformation
- Technology Aspect: Investigate AI technologies, including natural language processing, and their application in creating chatbots and virtual assistants.
- Business Problem: Examine the challenges of designing chatbots that provide seamless customer support and improve user experiences.
- CEO Perspective: Discuss the potential for increased customer satisfaction and cost savings through AI-driven customer service.
- Topic: Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation
- Technology Aspect: Explore cybersecurity technologies and strategies (e.g., encryption, threat detection) for protecting digital assets.
- Business Problem: Analyze the evolving cybersecurity threats and risks that organizations face during digital transformation initiatives.
- CEO Perspective: Stress the importance of robust cybersecurity measures in safeguarding customer trust and maintaining business continuity.
- Examination: 30%
- Coursework: 70%
- Two Class Tests (30%)
- Two Class Quizzes (10%)
- One Oral Presentation (15%)
- One Project (15%)
|July 24 - July 30||Fresher’s Week|
|July 31 - Sep 17||Classes|
|Sep 18 - Sep 24||Mid Semester Break|
|Sep 25 - Nov 12||Classes|
|Nov 13 - Nov 19||Revision Week|
|Nov 20 - Dec 3||Examination|
- CLT 1.11: Wednesday 7:50 AM - 9:40 AM
- CLT 1.17: Friday 7:50 AM - 9:40 AM